Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

Impossible Pie

My friend Jen over at Party in the Pantry made this wonderful creation for me on our weekend away last year and it was marvelous. I had a craving for it last week, made it as a late night snack, then had it for breakfast, and lunch the next day.

My in-laws are in town for the weekend and we'll be enjoying this beauty for breakfast.


You can find the recipe here. You may say that you don't like coconut. Well, as Jen would say - you've never had good coconut. Most of our experience comes from the plasticy sweetened stuff bagged up in the baking isle. Well, for this lovely (and anything else you want coconut for) check your organic/health food/bulk area for this finely shredded non-sweetened variety. It will change your view on coconut forever.

Oh, this may be the easiest recipe you've ever made... Oh, and it's about as frugal as it gets.

TOTAL COSTS: $1.35
Milk: $.20 (Cashwise)
Butter: $.20 (Sunmart)
Eggs: $.20 (Sunmart)
Sugar $.20 (Cashwise)
Flour $.05 (Sunmart)
Coconut $.50 (Cashwise)

I think this with fresh berries on top, but it's incredible all on it's own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback.