But I do love fall and I love fall flavors. Apples, peaches, zucchini, pumpkin, etc. SO I'm pulling out one of my new favorite recipes. A neighbor brought this to a block party. It was so good I ate around the walnuts to get at the rest of it (I'm mildly allergic). The sores in my mouth were worth it. I made it for a church potluck and got to listen "anonymously" to people's rave reviews of the dessert.
Put it together at least a couple hours, if not a day before you need it so the flavors meld together. Perfect for the fall potluck, football party, Thanksgiving, etc.
1 Pumpkin cake mix, prepared & cooled
1 pkg White chocolate pudding, prepared
2 c milk (for pudding)
2 - 12 oz Whipped topping
1 bag Toffee bits
1 c chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
- Make your pumpkin cake and let it cool completely. cut it into 1 in cubes and set aside.
- Mix pudding and let it chill according to directions. Carefully fold in 1 tub of whipped topping. You can substitute vanilla pudding but you don't want to. The chocolate flavor adds so much to it.
- In your triffle dish or large glass bowl start layering.Place 1/3 of cake cubes, topped with 1/3 of pudding mixture, 1/3 of whipped topping, and 1/3 of toffee bits and nuts.
- Repeat with 2 more layers, being sure to keep enough toffee bits and nuts to sprinkle on the top.
- Refrigerate for 2 - 24 hours. Serve and enjoy, and enjoy, and enjoy.
Cake Mix $1 (Aldi's)
Pudding $.60 (Meijer)
Milk $.20 (Aldi's)
Whipped Topping $1.60 (Aldi's)
Toffee Bits $2.50 (Meijer)
Nuts $1.00 (Aldi's)
I love triffles. I love the texture and creaminess of it. If you can think of it, you can layer it. Imagine the flavors of your favorite candy bar or ice cream...
* make them in plastic cups for a kids party of school treat *
Mint Chocolate - Chocolate Cake, Andes mint chips, chocolate pudding
Brownie - 2 brownie mixes, chocolate or vanilla, & chocolate chips
Chocolate cake, butterscotch pudding, chocolate chips
Chocolate cake, pistachio pudding, chopped pistachios
Strawberry cake, white chocolate pudding & chips, strawberries