Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Amazing (& Healthy) Zucchini Bread

I keep meaning to post this recipe, but we eat or I freeze the bread as fast as I can make it. I will hopefully have a picture up soon. This is one of my favorite recipes. I make a massive double or triple batch while I'm at it. I freeze a ton of the bread to eat through the year. Enjoy.


1 cup All-purpose flour
2 cups Wheat flour
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Baking powder
3 tsp Ground cinnamon
3 Eggs
½ cup Canola oil
½ cup Applesauce
1 ¼ cup White sugar
1 cup Brown sugar
3 tsp Vanilla extract
2 cups Zucchini, grated
2 tbs Milled flax seed (optional)

1. Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
3. Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini.
4. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.

Makes 2 loaves


VARIATION:
Can do all white flour
Oil and applesauce are interchangeable - can use all oil or all applesauce

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback.