6-8 med Potatoes, peeled and cubed
3 T Chicken soup base
1/2 c Chopped onion
1 T Oil (I use sunflower or safflower)
4 oz Velveta cheese (or shredded cheddar)
2 T Dried Parsley
6 Bacon slices, chopped
Salt & Pepper to taste
Chives (optional, I omit)
- Cook bacon slices until crisp. Drain and cop into small pieces.
- Boil potatoes in water and soup base until soft but still firm. Drain.
- Saute onions in oil until lightly browned.
- Add cheese and potatoes to onions and stir in.
- Add milk until desired consistency is reached. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add parsley and bacon. Salt, pepper, & chives to taste.
- Put into a freezer bag and lay flat. When frozen stack in a small tote/box with other soups or sauces in the freezer Saves lots of room.
Potatoes $1 (Meijer or Aldi's)
Soup Base (from stock)
Bacon $1 (Aldi's)
Milk $.50 (Aldi's)
Cheese $.75 (Aldi's)
Onion $.25 (Aldi's)