Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Catching Up

It's been a while since I've posted here, mostly because there has been nothing new to share. I've joined the sports mom world and work full-time. That means we eat a lot of very quick foods on the fly. I get why so many people down massive amounts of fast food in their trek around town due to the time crunch.

I too have fallen pray to quick meals out a few times, but we've mostly managed to avoid that. However I've had my fill of sandwiches, spaghetti, leftovers, etc. The good news is football wraps up this week and that only leaves one evening every week on the fly.

To be honest, I've kind of lost my love of cooking for a while. I've been tired, busy, and had no imagination left for cooking. I find this happens to me about 2-3 times a year and it lasts a few weeks to a month each time. Then somehow inspiration returns. I think somehow it comes with the change of seasons. This time it came in the form of surgery. I've had my sinuses rearranged (deviated septum fixed and turbinate reduction) leaving me with a week of recovery to read food magazines, watch the food network, and think of how good food will taste once I can smell again!

Fall is here and so is inspiration. Fall really encompasses many of my favorite flavors. So I'm glad to get my kitchen mojo back. So here is to a whole bunch of great new soups, chowders, slow cooker meals, and apple concoctions coming soon. Glad to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback.