Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

Apple, Pear, & Cashew Salad

My sister-in-law Stacey made this for Thanksgiving last year. Turkey, potatoes, and stuffing is one of my FAVORITE meals and this salad is what I went back for seconds on (and thirds if I remember right). I get rave reviews for it every time I make it. The cashews provide a great crunch and the pairing of the provolone and fruit is amazing.

2 Bosch Pears, diced
2 Golden Delicious apples, diced
1/4" slice Provolone cheese, diced
3 Romaine hearts, chopped
1/2 - 1 c Cashew pieces
Poppyseed dressing

TOTAL COSTS: $6.75
Pears $1.00 (Meijer)
Apples $.50 (Aldi's)
Provolone $2.00 (Meijer - deli counter)
Romaine $2.00 (Meijer)
Cashews $1.00 (Aldi's)
Dressing $.25 (Meijer)

VARIATIONS:
If you like tart apples - go for a granny smith
Toasted Almonds

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback.