Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Martha's Vineyard Salad

So it must be a salad week. This is my take on a salad that I got at Charley's Crab - one of my favorite restaurants (the one we only go to with a gift card). The pinenuts make the salad. Make this a around the time that I make pesto and have pinenuts around the house. They are addictive to me, so I try not to keep a supply around too often.

6 c Baby romaine mix
1/4 c Blue cheese
Red onion slices (I omit)
3 T toasted pinenuts
1/4 c Dried cranberries
Raspberry Vinagrette

Add dressing just prior to serving because baby greens wilt fast

TOTAL COSTS: $5.00
Lettuce $2.00 (Meijer sale)
Cheese $.75 (Aldi's)
Red Onion $.50 (Meiejr)
Cranberries $.25 (Aldi's)
Pinenuts $1.00 (D&W)
Vinagrette $.50 (Meijer)

VARIATIONS:
Could use dried cherries or dried blueberries
Gorganzola cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback.