Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sausage, Peppers, and Rice

This is quick dinner that my friend Andrea makes. I was leary of it at first, because I'm not a huge sausage fan, but let me tell you - this is a great mixture of textures and flavors.

RECIPE:
2 pkgs Lipton Spanish Rice Mix (prepared)
1 pkg Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/4 - 1/3" slices
1 Sweet pepper, diced
1 sm Onion, diced
Spice to taste (1/2 tsp allspice, cumin, cinnamon, or paprika)

In a large saute pan, brown sausage slices. Add peppers and onions and cook until soft. Sprinkle with spice and add rice, stir and serve.

Serve with a big salad and dinner is on.

TOTAL COST: $4.75
Rice $2.00 (Meijer sale)
Sausage $1.50 (Meijer sale)
Pepper $1.00 (Aldi)
Onion $.25 (Aldi)
Spices (from stock)

VARIATION:
Sausages - Chorizo, smoked, kielbasa, etc
Rice - Spanish, Mexican, Yellow, etc)
Veggies - Sweet and hot peppers, Onions, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, etc

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback.