Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Frugal Tips: Holiday Meat Stock Up

Holidays are about feasting, family, and faith. Easter is no different. It's a time to celebrate the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Easter is also a time to enjoy family, and that usually includes feasting. Many of us will be enjoying more than our fair share of ham for the holiday.

The good news is that there are amazing sales going on over the next couple of weeks on ham. It's a versatile meat, and this time of year, very affordable.

This week I bought a large bone in ham, uncut for $11. It produced enough meat for 4 dinners, lots of sandwich meat, and I diced up the odd pieces to cook up for 2 breakfasts. That's a lot of bang for the buck.

With the way my boys and husband have been devouring it this week, I think I'll be headed back to the store for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback.