Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Apple Cinnamon Frosting

OH MY YUMMINESS! I didn't have all my usual ingredients for frosting, so I played with what I have... and found a new favorite. I'm gonna have to try this with Applesauce cake or Carrot cake.

1/2 c Shortening (or butter)
1 t Vanilla extract*
2 c Sifted confectioners' sugar
1 T Milk (cow, nut, rice)
1 T Apple butter
1 t Cinnamon

* I used a butter flavored extract because I ran out of vanilla on the cupcakes - and it tasted wonderful.

Whip together all ingredients with a blender for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. This was enough for cupcakes or a 9 X 13. For a layered cake make another 1/2 recipe or double it.

1 comment:

  1. It is 10:15 pm and I just read/scanned through the recipes (zucchini pancakes!) and I am starving now - think I'll go have a bowl of Special K - I am not going to start baking now!!! Love this blog!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your feedback.