Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Construction Cake

My baby turned 4 today and we celebrated his birthday over the weekend. My in-laws had flown in for a long weekend and we pulled together a collection of people - of which no one knew each other. But that's what a party is for right? Celebrate and meet people?

It was Construction bliss for a little boy. We had stick the stop sign on the octagon (like pin-the-tail on the donkey), construction bingo, and cake with excavators and loaders tearing a hole in the center of the grass. Cake bits from the center along with Joe-Joe crumbs (Trader Joe's version of oreo cookies) made the "dirt" for the excavator and loader to scoop.

I let my son pick most of the menu - which was hot dogs, chips, and tortillas (he means quesedillas). To that I added Apple/Pear/Cashew Salad, Chips & Salsa, a veggie tray, Mojito Melon, and a construction version of the Sour Cream Chocolate Cake (butter cream frosting rather than the one listed with the recipe).

Happy birthday to my little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback.