Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Cookies - Playing With Your Food

I love sugar cookies and so do my boys... so why limit them to one holiday a year? We make sugar cookies for all kinds of holidays, occasions, and just because. Last Christmas we iced little light bulbs and strung them together with licorice strings. (The lights have a bit of frosting on the back to help hold them to the string.)

Some of my favorite ways to use cookies - footballs. Great for MNF or Super Bowl parties and takes almost no icing (just a little white for the laces). Works great with the brown sugar cookies because they are already brown.

We make hearts for Valentine's Day, Shamrocks for St Patties, flowers for spring, pumpkins in the fall, snowflakes for the first snow fall, and all sorts of shapes just because (cars, animals, planes, circles/squares/triangles, etc). What can I say? We enjoy playing with our food.

Now I just need to work on a gluten/dairy/egg/soy free version that my oldest can enjoy. That's gonna take a bit of tweaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback.