Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Donut Muffins

Donuts with Dad is coming up at school and I was trying to figure out what I could make to send with my son (who has multiple food allergies). I found the recipe for Donut Muffin at GFCF Frugal Abundance. I substituted almond milk for the soy milk, an egg replacer, and used a soy-free vegan butter spread. My boys and I devoured the entire first batch. And we have a winner.

I'll let you visit GFCF Frugal Abundance for the recipe, but here is a picture to drool over first. I'm going to try to make them in mini-muffin tins to make them more bite-size like a donut hole.

These are amazing as gluten-free, so I can only imagine that they would be fantastic with traditional flour - simply omit the xanthan gum. Her GLAD flour mixture is probably the best GF flour I've tried so far.

2 comments:

  1. I'm allergic to wheat and milk, so it's toture when my family brings home Krispy Kreme donuts. Can't wait to try these and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that you enjoyed them. They are no Krispy Kreme, but pretty good. I've wanted to try a glaze on these, but my boys are powdered sugar fans...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your feedback.