Pages

Friday, June 19, 2009

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

It takes a lot of willpower to resist a fresh chocolate chip cookie. Everyone has their favorite style/recipe of these chip-o-rrific cookies -- for me I love a good, soft, and chewy cookie. A few summers ago, my husband's aunt brought here famous chocolate chip cookies. I'm embarrassed to tell you how many of them I ate that day.

So I got the recipe and tweaked it a bit, trying to add a bit of fiber and make them a bit healthier - but still chewy good. This is what I came up with.


1 c Brown Sugar

½ c White Sugar

1 c Butter

2 T Water

2 Eggs

1 t Salt

1 t Baking soda

1 t Vanilla

1 c Wheat Flour

1/2 c White Flour

3 c Oatmeal

2 T Milled Flax Seed

2 c Chocolate Chips or Raisins


Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, and water. Add dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips or raisins. Drop cookies onto baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 10 – 12 minutes. Makes 40 - 45 cookies (depending on how much dough you eat).


Can omit the chips and add 2 t of cinnamon for a great oatmeal cookie. My boys like it when I add food coloring - eating a green cookie or purple is lots of fun!

Total Costs: $4.24
Flours $ .75
Oatmeal $ .50
Chocolate Chips $1.59
Eggs $ .15
Butter $1.00
Sugars $ .25
(all items from Aldi's)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback.