Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Potato Chip Casserole

DISCLAIMER: This is not the most elegant or healthy dish ever created. In fact, visually it isn't incredibly appealing either... But it is DELICIOUS. Growing up we had this almost every week for dinner. Recipe came from one of those family tree cookbooks where everyone submits their favs. Don't discount this one. I often bring this meal to people who are sick/recovering/new baby/etc and get rav reviews.

Completely uncomplicated directions. Brown a pound of hamburger and start dumping all the ingredients in.

Mix it all together in an oven-safe bowl and bake with crushed potato chips on top.

Recipe

1 lb Ground Beef

¾ c Minute Rice

1 can Cream of Celery Soup

1 can Cream of Chicken Soup

1 can Evaporated Milk

2 c Crushed Potato Chips


**Oven Directions:

Brown meat. Add other ingredients. Put in casserole dish. Top with crushed potato chips. Bake at 350 for 45 min - 1 hour.

**Microwave Directions:

Brown meat. Add other ingredients. Put in microwave casserole dish. Cook on high 5 minutes – stir. Cook 10 minutes – stir. Cook 10 minutes – stir. Add crushed potato chips and cook 5 more minutes. Let dish to set for 5-10 minutes before serving.


*I like it best in the oven for the crunchy potato chips. Sprinkle a bit of soy sauce over the top and enjoy.*

Sorry I don't have a picture of this one finished because my mom baked it for my boys while I was working. I did however, devour all the leftovers when I got home.

TOTAL COSTS: $5.31
Hamburger $2.99 (had to look it up, we buy a side of beef)
Rice $.75 (Aldi's)
Soups 2 @ $.49 (Aldi's)
Evap Milk $.59 (Aldi's)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback.