Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Cinnamon Toast Cupcakes

I'm gonna post this recipe before I make it and take pictures, because I can't wait to share it. My sister-in-law made these for family celebration and I seriously fell in love. Not only did I enjoy my own, but I "had" to finish off my boys cupcakes after they ate the frosting and took off to play. I'm certainly making these soon, so a picture may magically appear soon.

RECIPE: CINNAMON TOAST CUPCAKES

1 pkg (18.25 oz) Plain yellow cake mix
1 pkg (3.4 oz) Vanilla instant pudding mix
1 1/4 c Whole milk
3/4 c Vegetable oil
3 lg Eggs
1 T Ground cinnamon
  1. Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Line 24 cupcake cups with paper liners. Set aside.

  2. Place the cake mix, pudding mix, milk, oil, eggs, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low for 30 seconds. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Increase mixer speed to medium and blend 1.5 - 2 minutes more. The batter should look thick and well combines. Spoon 1/3 c batter into each cupcake liner, filling until 3/4 full.

  3. Bake cupcakes until golden and spring back wehn lightly pressed with your finger - 18 to 22 minutes. Cool in pans for 5 minutes before moving to wire rack.

  4. Frost with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting (see below).

RECIPE: CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING

1 pkg (8 oz) Reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temp
4 T Butter, at room temp
3 c Confectioners' sugar, sifted
1 t Ground cinnamon
  1. Place cream cheese and butter in large missing bowl. Blend with electric mixer on low until combines, 30 secs. Stop the machine and add the sugar, a little at a time, blending with mixer on low until sugar is well incorporated, 1 minute. Add the cinnamon, then increase speed to medium and blend until fluffy, 1 minute more.

  2. Frost cupcakes and try not to "taste" too much.
TOTAL COSTS: $5.18
Cake Mix $1 (Meijer/Aldi)
Pudding Mix $.38 (Aldi's)
Eggs $.25 (Aldi's)
Oil (from stock)
Milk $.30 (Aldi's)
Cinnamon (from stock)
Cream Cheese $1 (Aldi's)
Butter $.25 (Aldi's)
Sugar $2 (Meijer/Aldi's)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback.