Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Homemade Slushies

So I don't know why I never thought to make my own slurpee or slushie before. My boys are addicted to the sweet treat and I'm often a softy at the grocery store to keep them occupied so I can concentrate...

As a random idea the other day I threw some lemonade and ice into the blender and wa-laa! Instant slushie. It's not quite a slurpee consistency, but still good, my boys were occupied for quite a while at home. I know some of you are thinking, "duh" granadas have been around forever. Yes, I know, but I've never made them. And the virgin version of the drink is definitely frugal... and hits the spot on a hot day.


Lemondate Total Costs: $.40
Lemonade $.40
Ice - FREE

Strawberry Lemondate Total Costs: $.90
Lemondate $.40
Frozen Strawberries $.50
Ice - FREE

Variations
Lemonades - Limeade, Peach, Kiwi, Strawberry, Blackberry,
Sodas - Cola, Orange, Lemon/Lime, Cream Soda, Dr Pepper
Creamsicle - Orange & Cream Soda or OJ + Cream
Juices/Nectars - Peach, White Grape/Peach, White Grape/Raspberry, Grape, Mango, Watermelon, Berry, Lime, etc

Please give me ideas!!! What would you make?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback.