Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Baby Bok Choy Stir Fry

I've been experimenting with different vegetables and cuisines. This little Asian crunchy veggie is a treat to try out. It's a perfect addition to stir fry or as a side dish. It has a mild flavor, but the crunchy texture is what I love about it. I'd throw a few almonds or cashews in to this next time.


1.5 lb Chicken, cubed
2 bunches Baby bok choy, chopped
1/2 c Carrots, peel & sliced*
1/2 c Celery, chopped*
1/2 c Bean sprouts*

Sauce:
1 c Chicken broth
1 T Corn starch
3 T Soy sauce
1/2 t Ginger

Total Costs: $4.95
Chicken $2.50 (Cashwise)
Baby Bok Choy $1.00 (Sunmart)
Carrots $.20 (Cashwise)
Celery $.20 (Cashwise)
Bean Sprouts $1.00 (Cashwise)
Broth $.05 (homemade)
Spices from pantry stock

* Veggies can be replaced by a canned oriental veggies - but I don't recommend it. The fresh taste in stir fry can't be beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback.