Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Chocolate Waffles

I was looking for waffle recipes without dairy (we're trying removing dairy from my son's diet to see if it's an issue) this weekend and all I had was chocolate soy milk. So this is what I came up with for a recipe. They were REALLY good and my boys and husband devoured them. We'll definitely be making these again. Sorry there is no picture but we were rushing to make
it to church on time (oops, almost made it in time).

2 c Flour
1 T and 1 t Baking powder
2 T White sugar
1 t Cocoa powder
1/2 t Salt
2 Large eggs, beaten
1 1/2 c Chocolate soymilk, warm (or milk)
4 T Canola oil or melted coconut oil

Preheat a waffle iron (I love my Belgian waffle maker - so do my kids).

Mix together dry ingredients, and wet ingredients and wisk together. Carefully pour or ladle batter into a greased iron, pushing the batter to the edges of the iron. Cook until exterior is crispy, about 4-5 minutes.

To keep warm and crispy place on wire cooling rack in 200 degree oven, or just serve as they are ready.

Total Cost: $1.30 - 2.10
Flour $.45 (Sunmart)
Eggs $.20 (Cashwise)
Soymilk $.45 (Cashwise)
Oil $.20 - 1.00 (Cashwise)
Others from pantry stock

VARIATIONS:
These would make a wonderful dessert with some whipped cream or ice cream, chocolate shavings, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback.