Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Bacon Basted Turkey

At Thanksgiving I started looking for new way to cook a turkey, and add a bit more flavor as well. I've added a mixture of butter & herbs under the skin, stuffing the cavity full of aromatics (herbs, spices, apples, oranges, lemons, etc), and spreading mixtures on top of the skin. I've even cooked a turkey upside down.

I wanted something to add a bit of flavor as well - so I layered strips of bacon between the surface of the turkey and the skin. I took a spoon and slid it in to break any connections and slipped in the bacon. Bacon makes everything better right???

It did, other than my meat thermometer wasn't working right and we ended up over cooking the bird. Somethings even bacon can't help. It was a tasty addition and I'll try it again.

Total Costs:
Turkey + $2.00 (Aldi)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback.